I've Moved!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

cookies n' cream cookies.


I feels like forever since I last baked cookies. I think I mentioned this before but cookies aren't the first things to come to mind when I want to bake. I guess it's because they are too simple and I like challenging myself when it comes to baking.


I wouldn't have thought to make cookies if not for the half opened packet of oreo cookies sitting on my dining table that looked really sad and in need of rescue. But as usual, I'm glad I chose the cookie path because you know, cookies are just so satisfying in their understated and unassuming way.

So I present to you these cookies n' cream cookies, which can be pretty much summed up as chocolate galore more than anything else. They contain white and milk chocolate chips, and of course oreo cookies that are already super chocolaty, so we're looking at three kinds of chocolate here already! There is minimal cookie dough binding the chunks of chocolate, but however much dough you can taste, it's brown-sugarishly fabulous.


Have those napkins on hand. You wouldn't want to be walking around with black lipstick when you finally surface from a pile of these.

P.S. I'm on instagram too!


Cookies N' Cream Cookies
adapted from here

Note: I chilled the dough before baking.

1/2 cup salted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla (I just used 1 tsp)
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 oreo cookies, roughly crushed
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheets.

Cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg and mix to combine.

Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.

Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until just incorporated. Stir in the cookies and both types of chocolate chips until evenly distributed.

Form walnut-sized balls and space them out evenly on the baking sheets. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the edges look done.

3 comments :

  1. Hey, you should open up your own bakery cafe store since you love baking. Saw your photos on instagram and it make me want to try your food! :) Hope to have this opportunity. Keep it up the good work. Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda
    I am a writer working on my new cookbook about serious kid cooks and bakers (17 and under) saw your profile in Foodie Crush and thought I'd reach out to you about possibly being in the book which is being published by a major publisher at the end of next year. I'd love to share more details and my bio with you (and your parents!!) if you think you'd like to be in the book. Please give me a shout at raminsnewbook@gmail.com. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I've only just come across your blog tonight, and I have to say, I'm really in love with it! It's so nice to see another young food blogger around :)
    Joey

    ReplyDelete