I've Moved!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

parisian apple tartlet.


Something quick and easy to do. The only thing I did differently from the original recipe was the thin slicing and layering of the apple. Four chunks of apple sitting on a bed of puff pastry didn't seem so pretty to me. I should have cut the slightly bigger circles of puff pastry out- yum yum crispy disks of butter. I think my puff pastry didn't puff up as much as it should because it's pass its expiry date. Oops. Oh and I served mine with some salted caramel sauce. You should do that too, and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as well.


Parisian Apple Tartlet
adapted from Baking: From My Home to Yours
makes 1

1 1/8 inch thick 4 inch circle cold puff pastry
1/2 firm sweet apple, such as Golden Delicious or Fuji, peeled and cored
light brown sugar
1 tsp cold butter, cut into 3 pieces

Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper of a silicone mat and place the pastry circle on the sheet.

Cut the apple half into 4 chunks and center the chunks on the pastry circle. Sprinkle the apple with 1 or 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, depending on how much sweetness you want, and top with the bits of butter.

Bake for 25 about minutes until the pastry is deeply browned and puffed up around the apple and the apple can be easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack and let the tartlet cool until a little warm or room temperature before eating.

No comments :

Post a Comment