I've Moved!

Monday, November 15, 2010

my breakfast polenta.

Breakfast. Don't you just love that word? 


To me, breakfast means sweet, comforting food be it a muffin, pancakes or this bowl of vanilla brown sugar polenta, recipe from Joy the Baker . An awesome blog by an awesome person.


I have never made polenta before and I didn't know what to expect. Five minutes into a super long whisking session, the smell of pasta wafted up my nose. No, nothing's wrong, just that... I don't like pasta. Shocking, I know. Pasta is like the symbol of comfort food for most but not for me. I like my carbs in the form of bread. Yup, I'm a bread pig. Anyway, back to the polenta. Let's fast forward to the part where it starts to thicken, about 15 minutes later for me because I used stone-ground cornmeal. 


Everything about this recipe sings comfort. The continuous stirring on the stove, the fact that its eaten with just a spoon and you can dump the entire party in a bowl.
Topped with my favorite nut, the pecan, blueberries and honeycomb. The heat from the polenta caused the honeycomb to melt slightly, making it ooey gooey. I like to pair it with the tart blueberries because sweet and tart gives you magic.
I can't wait to try out the french toast version! 

No comments :

Post a Comment