So I'm glad to announce that I've recently been nominated for The Liebster Award recently by the lovely Andrea of Foogo! Thank you, it's a great honour.
This is perhaps, completely unrelated to the award itself but when she posted about this award on her blog, "it was a dark and stormy night" at her point of writing. Coincidentally, the sky is overcast and darkening as I punch the tiny squares on my once-white-now-grey keyboard.
But I digress. On to a brief background of the award!
It is extremely unoriginal but for convenience's sake, I shall post the information of this award word for word, and in the exact same format as I found it:
The Liebster Award is an award for 'up and coming' bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The rules vary across the internet but here's the set I'll be using:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
- Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting on their blogs
1. Describe yourself in one word.
I swear, even after living as me after 17 years I still don't understand myself.
2. What's your favorite food?
Being the random person I am, my favorite food changes pretty often. At the moment, it's crepes with whipped cream and adzuki. (I'm not a very easygoing person either when it comes to food.)
3. Your childhood snack growing up.
Tasty biscuits sticks.
I loved them before I discovered Pocky, and I still do even after discovering Pocky. Nostalgia is a taste, I tell you.
4. Your most memorable moment in 2013.
2013 has been a crazy crazy year. I can't even begin to describe it - so many things have happened! But the one thing that I'm still excited about is having been featured in the foodiecrush magazine, summer edition. They were doing an article about young food bloggers, and I was so excited to be asked if I would want to cooperate with them.
5. Hard boiled or soft boiled eggs?
It depends on my mood! I'm quite unpredictable.
6. Describe your ideal weekend.
Again, this varies. I don't know if you're exasperated yet by my indecisiveness but I am. Geez how do I live with myself sometimes. My idea of a perfect weekend could sometimes be me surrounded by my favorite people, just talking or shopping and having a whole bunch of delicious cakes; it could sometimes also be just me alone with my computer, whiling my time away blog-surfing or watching anime with a piece of cake by my side. Well at least there's one constant - cake.
7. What would you eat for your last meal?
This is a morbid thought. Frankly, if I knew that this would be my last meal I would probably lose all appetite. But I guess if I really had to choose, it would involve roast chicken, extremely fatty pork belly and ice cream on a cone, amongst other things.
8. Who motivated you to start blogging?
It wasn't a who; many bloggers did. When I read a few popular blogs with tons of comments on each post, I thought that it would be nice to communicate with people who love baking as much as I do.
9. Name an eatery that you're dying to try!
Real Food! The food there looks so delicious and it's healthy to boot! God knows that I need to eat more greens. If I want to be really unrealistic about it, Sukiyabashi Jiro, that restaurant in the documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
10. What is the weirdest thing that you've ever eaten?
Chicken heart, I guess? Or even shirako, whale sperm. I wouldn't consider them extremely weird. I'm quite an adventurous eater and I would really like to try more "weird" food.
So now that I'm done with Andrea's questions, I would need to nominate a few bloggers and create some questions for them to answer. I'm breaking the rules by not restricting my choices to blogs with 200 followers or fewer, and nominating only four outstanding blogs in my opinion.
The blogs that have caught my attention are, Little Accidents in the Kitchen, Swallow Your Secrets, Singapore Actually and RecipeBoy, and here are my questions:
1. Describe yourself briefly.
2. Favourite food?
3. Favourite music?
4. What do you do in your free time?
5. Which is your favourite country to visit for a holiday (and why)?
6. What is the most enjoyable thing about blogging for you?
7. What is the most daring thing you've ever attempted?
8. What is the one thing you've always wanted to do?
9. When you have to write an essay, would you turn to pen and paper or type it out?
10. Ideal Christmas present?
I hope you can take some time to check out those four blogs because they are truly worth reading!
P.S. I have instagram so feel free to check it out!